NEW PRODUCTS TO WATCH at the May 5th Seattle Chocolate Salon:
- Taza - 87% bar - The darkest chocolate they make. Nutty, floral, and incredibly intense, this is the only American chocolate crafted from cacao grown by the Bolivian cooperative CIAAB (Central Integral Agroecologica de Alto Beni). A singular, profound cacao experience. 100% USDA certified organic.
- CocoTutti -Tea infusions: Assam, Rooibos and Yunnan - richly flavored, colorful chocolates featuring teas from India, South Africa and China. These recipes were developed over a 3 month period for launch in Seattle.Blood Orange and, separately, Strawberry - Two bon bons that each contain their housemade marmalades and jams.
- The Chocolate Shop - Sparkling Chocolate Wine - Chocolate Shop wine made in a delicious champagne style
- Forte Chocolates - Caramel with Rosemary and Orange and Chipotle Caramel with Orange
- Gusto Chocolates - All new product line - All of the Gusto bars are new to the salon. Gusto is a new division of Forte Chocolates focusing on the savory side of chocolate. Bars offered include: Lemon Pepper, Rosemary Sea Salt, Balsamic Vinegar, Bacon, Milk Sea Salt, and Honey.
- The Tea Room Chocolate Company - Lapsang Souchong w/ Himilayan Salt Chocolate Bar - organic dark chocolate bar of 60% cacao infused w/ organic Lapsang Suchong tea & Himilayan Salt. Lapsang Souchong is a smoky tea that has the savory flavor of smoked pine, as the tea is dried over this.
The Original Artisan Chocolate event in the Northwest this millenium returns with the 6th Annual Seattle Luxury CHOCOLATE SALON on May 5, 2013.
Chocolate aficionados, fanatics, lovers and addicts can taste & experience the finest in artisan, gourmet & premium chocolate in one of the world's great culinary metropolitan areas.
Featuring a delicious selection chosen and curated by the Organizers, Seattle CHOCOLATE SALON participants in 2013 include chocolatiers, confectioners and other culinary artisans such as Amano Artisan Chocolate, Intrigue Chocolate Co., Forte Chocolates, Gusto Chocolates, Taza Chocolate, CocoTutti, Ykchaua Chocolates, Emily's Chocolates, WOW Chocolates, Theo Chocolate, The TeaRoom Chocolate Company, Smitten Truffles, Wine World & Spirits, Chocolate Shop Wine, MDP Chocolates, Wild Sweets by Dominique & Cindy Duby, Fiori Chocolate, Maplecor, Yelp, TasteTV and more. www.seattlechocolatesalon.com
TasteTV Events include: